SUNRISE OVER TIKAL

SUNRISE OVER TIKAL
SUNRISE OVER TIKAL

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Quito Wednesday 9-17-08

This is a short one. Have gotten friendly with several other students, who speak English, only one from the States (2 from Germany, 4 from Denmark and 2 from Switzerland), so we get a little break. We just went to a Chinese restaurant for lunch....if you can call it Chinese. None of us had ever seen food prepared as it was. It was good, but don´t think I will go again. I had chicken with mushrooms and some rice. Funny kind of sauce (especially the color...bright orange). Did not look appealing but tasted decently. There were about 10 of us. A group of about 7 of us are planning on going for one or two days this weekend on a train ride (to somewhere) up the mountain and then doing some other activities. The woman at school is supposedly planning it. Tomorrow I am signed up for going to the mineral springs, which is about 1 1-2 hours from here. I´m off this afternoon to buy another camera. I´ll give it another try! There are over 20 students going, which should be fun and some relief from the studies.

Well, must run....lots of studying to do. Love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe someone stole your camera! That had to be aggravating at the moment. I am enjoying reading your blogs, which I check a couple of times a week to see if anything is posted. It sounds like you are having fun! I bet it is nice to find people that you can enjoy some time with.