Today was a real thrill! I got the bus at 4:20A and went for a hot air balloon ride over beautiful countryside, where we saw kangaroos and wallabees jumping around and a "bug" (crayfish) farm. The balloon held 450 cubic feet of air (very large) and held 14 people at one time. It was magnificent watching the sunrise and is one of the highlights of my trip so far. We then had a champagne "brekkie" (breakfast), which was actually a dinner at 9:30A..Afterwards, we trekked forth to the Aboriginal Culture Center where we threw boomerangs and spears (I didn't do very well. They put on a show with Aboriginal dancing and such, which was very interesting. They played the "digeredoo", which is a very long wooden tube and makes a haunting sound. Only the men are allowed to play this instrument at ceremonies such as weddings, funerals, etc. They believe that women will get pregnant if they blow it. At 4:30P we have an hour presentation on the Aboriginal culture, covering topics not covered today at the Center. It should be very interesting.
For lunch I had barranunda fish, which tasted like a grouper, and was very good. I'm off tonight to try to find some kangaroo, emu, and "bugs", which everyone says are delicious. I also want to try the mud crab, which all say is delicious. Tomorrow we visit some gardens and then it is off to the airport to fly to Sydney.
Ta Ta!
1 comment:
It is wonderful to read all about what you are experiencing. I look forward to it daily now. :)
Lots of love...
Louise
Post a Comment