SUNRISE OVER TIKAL

SUNRISE OVER TIKAL
SUNRISE OVER TIKAL

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday - All is well in Buenos Aires

I went to bed early last night to try to stop this cold. Terece gave me hot tea and her hotpad to put on my chest. I took aspirin and went to bed. Felt much better this AM and today. Several other students are planning on going to the estancia (Argentinian ranch) with me on Saturday. It should be a ball. We are transported to the estancia about 9:00A (about 1 1/2 hrs away) and should be back in Buenos Aires at 6:00P. We will have lunch and see a gaucho show...the grounds of the place look absolutely beautiful and very tranquil. It will be a nice time away from the city. Mark, Rachel (the Brazilian young woman --senior in college, who is staying with me at Terece´s)and I are going to Uruguay on Sunday to see El Colon (a famous old part of Uruguay). Busy weekend....Am finally able to upload pictures, but each one takes 2-3 minutes so will only upload a few to give you a "taste" of Argentina-Chile, etc. Temperature is about 50 today, so a little warmer and more than welcome! Studies are coming along...very hard to get use to the Argentinian accent and some of their words. I need to "hunker down" now and study...not much time left here... XXOO luv

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom-

Make sure you are taking care of yourself! If you are sick, do you really need to be out doing all this running around? Sounds like you are having fun with the new friends you have met. I imagine the carbonated water is to rinse the pallet from the strong cafe/tea and the cookies..because they are good! LOL Please be careful and make sure you are getting plenty of rest. Keep us posted on how you are feeling. Love you.

Renee