I was able to post some of my pictures...enjoy.
Well, today was a great day! We traveled to the Great Barrier Reef...snorkeled and saw some beautiful fish and coral. I did not see many fish, but what I saw was very beautiful. The coral is all colors...the electric blue was especially beautiful. One of the underwater divers took my picture while I was snorkeling..a huge Maori Wrest (known in the US as a Napoleon fish) swam right next to me...the picture came out looking like I was next to a blowup plastic fish..it was very huge and colorful. Can't wait to show it! The water was like the Carribean water...in places...not as beautiful since there was not much of that clear, clear water. Maybe if you saw the Reef from the helicopter, the clearness would show up more. One of my "friends" here went on the helicopter so am anxious to hear about her venture.
We had a beautiful lunch on the pontoon boat at the reef and I talked with some very nice people. We went down in a submerged glass boat, but there were not many fish to see...somewhat of a disappointment..but that's OK. I snorkeled and saw it.
We left at 8:00A this Am and arrived back at 5:30, so was a big day on the boat and am very tired tonight. Tomorrow I have to be in the lobby at 4:20A to go on the balloon ride over the rain forest..am anxious to go..champagne breakfast after ride..Umm...ummm!
Well, not much more....take care all!
1 comment:
Hi Mom! So sorry I have missed your calls. It sounds from your blog you are having a wonderful time. I hope you have an awesome Birthday wherever you are! Know that you are being thought of on your special day. I hope you experience a once in a lifetime experience today to make it even more special. Wish you were here to celebrate but if I were you, I would rather be ont the trip for my birthday. I love you and can't wait to see more pictures. Tracy and Jr, Stacy and the kids said to tell you Happy Birthday as well. Take care. Renee
Post a Comment