My trip was very good except that I was very sick most of the time - horrible cold, both chest and head! I still have some of the chest cold and it is 6//14/2010...it's a real bad one!! Several people to whom I have talked have gotten the same thing and it really kicks your a--! Since I was feeling so terrible, I did not blog. I am in Boston now and do not have access to my pictures. Once I get home I will upload a couple of photos. My cruise went out of Barcelona (where Nancy and I spent about 5 days in total), cruised to Marseilles, France (from where we took a day's trip to Aix-en-Provence, which was absolutely charming. Since Nancy and I had originally planned to go to Provence, this was a wonderful way to at least get "a taste". Would love to go back sometime and just "hang", but need to bone up on my French to make the experience better. From Marseilles, went to Genoa, Italy which was very nice. Not loads to say about it, but it was a very nice Italian town. Next it was on to Naples, Italy. Since we had heard that Naples did not offer that much we had signed up for a trip to Sorrento (which we heard was wonderful). Unfortunately, the trip was cancelled so Nancy went to see some ruins. I was feeling so terrible that I stayed on the ship. After a bit, I decided to go ahead and spend the money and get a driver to drive me to Sorrento for lunch. So the driver and I had lunch together at a wonderful restaurant by the sea in Sorrento. I found out all about his family. It was a lovely 3 hours. I then had him take me back to the ship where I fell into bed! We then cruised to Palermo, Sicily, which I loved! It was absolutely charming and the people were very nice. It was then on to northern Tunisia (which I also loved) and then to Mallorca, Spain (Balaeric Islands). Mallorca was my favorite place of all. I hope to go there to study Spanish if the Euro gets low enough. It is on an island and is absolutely magnificent...the architecture, culture, etc. It looks like the island in Mama Mia!
Well, will upload some pictures later. I'm off to Buenos Aires on 7/8 for two months to study Spanish and can't wait. The woman I am staying with sounds lovely and it is within walking distance of my school. Luv u...
No comments:
Post a Comment