Yesterday afternoon I went with three other students and the teacher to the Museo de Evita Peron. It was very interesting. She was loved by the poor and hated by the rich. Regardless of her beliefs, it is incredible what she accomplished in terms of getting women the vote, etc, especially when she was so young. She died at 33 years old. It was a very interesting afternoon. Mark, a nice young man, who is a professor of English and French in Budapest and who is going to this school, asked if I were interested in taking a days trip to Uraguy (which many people from BÁ do) this weekend. Since it is something I have wanted to do, I think we are going to go next weekend. This Saturday I think we may go to a place, which is only an hour from here. I think tomorrow I will see if anyone else would like to go too. The students at the school are of all ages. It is a small school with only about 25 students.
Today was uneventful. Tomorrow night I made reservations for a dinner and show at a place, which is suppose to have the most beautiful tango show and dinner (recommended by Teresa). I´m looking forward to it, except that dinner is at 9:00 and the show starts at 10:30. All gets over at 12:00midnight, so will be tired when I start my Sat adventure. Oh well, I´m only here for a little while (sounds like a song!). I am having a real problem uploading my pictures. I will try to find out why the computer is not reading my "card reader", which holds my memory card. Love you all and
No comments:
Post a Comment