SUNRISE OVER TIKAL

SUNRISE OVER TIKAL
SUNRISE OVER TIKAL

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tues (martes) Buenos Aires

Just finished 4 hours of Spanish with two different teachers, both spectacular. I can understand 3 of the 4 teachers I have had, so consider myself lucky (since Argentinians have a strange accent compared to other SA countries). I have a pretty hard time understanding the woman with whom I am staying, which is too bad. It may be because I talk to her first thing in the AM and the last thing in the PM (at which times I am very tired!).

I had a beautiful lunch at the Italian restaurant right next to the school. It was so full I had to wait for 15 minutes at 2:00P. It was worth the wait. A little expensive ($17 including pasta, glass of wine, tip and service charge for setting table). About what the dinner would cost in USA. I´m only telling the costs because I always find it interesting to compare prices to the US. (Of course, I always hope I will find the country a bargain!). Tomorrow I will be visiting the museum of Evita Peron with a group from school...should be fun and enlightening. I´m off to home to do some studying and hopefully get to bed earlier than last night. I didn´t get home until 7:00P and then ate at 8:00P and then did some homework. Probably got to bed around 11:00PM. It is so dark in the AM at 8:00 it is hard to get up and know what time it is. I guess I´ll get adjusted soon. Talk to you later...Chau...

No comments: