SUNRISE OVER TIKAL

SUNRISE OVER TIKAL
SUNRISE OVER TIKAL

Monday, July 12, 2010

Buenos Aires

Saturday I walked around the neighborhood and checked it out. It is beautiful. On Sunday I took a city tour and hooked up with the other female sharing my home. She will be here until Friday. She and 10 others from Oregon have been studying here for two weeks. One of them, a man about my age, has been traveling for six years and studying Spanish and plans to travel another seven. He has been all over and is still very much enjoying it. He is a tennis instructor and professor of something )probably play) at the university in Oregon. He has spent some time teaching others to play tennis and in return gets to stay with the families. He is really a free spirit! He will be studying here for the next four weeks (but said he is only using BA as his base). He usually spends 6 months in Mexico. Poor guy! I guess there are others who have the travel bug even worse than I.

School was very nice today. I found out I can read and write fairly well...it is in the understanding and speaking where I have a problem...hopefully the next seven weeks will help in that area. So far...so good. The school is very small and does not have the social networking that the school in Ecuador had..ok..just have to do things a little differently. Eating is very late 8:00 to 9:00 and school starts at 9:30am...late for me..however, with getting out of school and eating lunch at 1:30 a late dinner does not seem so bad. Attached are some pictures of Buenos Aires. It is extremely European. Beautful statutes, many, many parks, etc. Lots of markets everywhere. Attached are pictures of La Boca which so far has been my favorite spot. Very bohemian and different. On Sunday I ended up in a museum for soccar (of all things). The name of the building was Museo de Passion which I thought was probably about the Tango...well, got inside after paying about $12 american dollars and I looked around to find all the information I never wanted to know about soccar...so oh well...I found out how large soccar is here and that Argentina has won a lot of world soccer. I am going to try to upload some more photos particularly of

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're getting into the swing of it all. What a surprise the museum must have been! That would be an example of how one's passion may not be the same as another;s for sure!