Have had a good week, but lots of studying. I feel like my ability to speak and understand is getting a lot better. I think it has taken me two weeks to just arrive at the place I was at in Spanish when I left Peru. I am now learning some new things and really have to study the vocab. Without words, you can´t understand or speak. It is easier with reading and writing because you can always get the gist of something even if you don´t know all the words.
After class yesterday, Rachel and I went to the famous Buenos Aires cemetary, where Eva Peron is buried. The cemetary is like a small city....has pedestrian streets through all the above-ground tombs. The tombs are fantastic. The cemetary contains most of the important military and "professional" peoples´tombs. I am uploading a couple of pictures but they don´t do the place justice. It was incredible and I can´t imagine the money that was spent on these tombs. After going to the cemetary, we walked around Recolleta, which is the "poshist" place in Buenos Aires. The parks are beautiful. We then headed home...to do some studying! Luv u all...that´s all for now. Have a lot of things to do before I go to Iguazu Falls on Friday.
2 comments:
Hi Mom! Sounds like you are having fun! Daisy had her surgery yesterday. I will send you an email to update you on the status of stuff. I hope you have fun on your next adventure! I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing all of the pictures. Then I feel like I have an idea of the places you are visiting! Love to you!
Renee
Don't cry for me, Argentina!!!:) Cry for Melinda!!:) cuz she sounds like she studying more than she's teaching!!?? Are you, Senora Melinda!!!??? love the pix. looking forward to seeing all of them!!! Estas buena!??! Yo estoy!! Amore, Miguel
Post a Comment