SUNRISE OVER TIKAL
SUNRISE OVER TIKAL
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Calafate, Argentina
I am still in Pantagonia, but the country looks very different. When I landed yesterday, I thought I had landed on the moon. The terrain is very, very flat, with little to no vegetation. The foothills are totally brown (looks like the entire terrain is covered in dirt). The town is very small, but quaint. Some people speak some English, but not very much...my Spanish has definitely come in handy here. Now for the fantastic part...the glacial water is absolutely beautiful and the glaciers are everything and more than I expected. The boat got up close and personal and we saw some of the glacier falling into the water. The water becomes a light jade green when it is deep. Otherwise, it is this very beautiful blue-green that one can only see in glacial water. Pictures really don{t capture the color of the water, but have done a pretty good job of capturing the blue glaciers. Tomorrow I have another adventure to see another part of the glaciers, which should be great. Have enjoyed myself...cold is getting better...hotel is very nice, but farther from town than the last one. Luckily these small towns are very secure. Every Argentinian Bar-B-Que serves lamb, pork, chicken, chorizo sausage, & beef. Last night the restaurant served all 5 on one plate. The lamb is absolutely the best I have ever tasted, but the beef is very tough. Will run now...blog tomorrow...enjoy the pics. Luv u...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment