SUNRISE OVER TIKAL

SUNRISE OVER TIKAL
SUNRISE OVER TIKAL

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Perito Moreno Glacier-Calafate

Well, today I saw an unbelievable glacier. It is not the largest (although it is huge!, but it is very famous because it has not receded any. They do not know why. It is one of a very few in the world which has not receded. There has been a lot of global warming, no doubt due to natural climatic changes (with some help from humans) in the atmosphere and galaxy. This has played havoc with all of the other glaciers. One of the very large glaciers has receded more in the last 20 years than in the prior 2000 years. It is amazing. The Perito Moreno glacier starts in the ice fields in the Panatagonia Andes and goes all the way through the Argentinian Lake, the largest lake in Argentina. It was a great day (although a little nostalgic because this is the anniversary of D´s passing)! Tomorrow it is back to Buenos Aires for the night and then on to Santiago the next day...back to studying, but I hope to see all of Santiago and the surrounding areas. I will be spending three weekends and two weeks there. Iḿ looking forward to it very much. From what I hear, I will have to get use to an entirely new accent...ugh!!

No comments: