I am staying with the same family I stayed with last year. I feel like they are my own. I have a very nice room on the third floor. Lot´s of exercise.
I also joined a gym, which is about 1 1-2 blocks from my home and I wak to school, which is about 3 miles (total both ways). Last Sunday I went on a tour to Incapira, the Canari/Inka ruins. It was very interesting. (Pictures posted) The Inkas built over the Canari's structures because they wanted to dominate. What a differnce in the construction. The Inka's buildings were built with perfection, i.e. no mortar and the stones meeting together exactly. The Canaries built their structures with any type stone, put together with mortar. We detoured and went to a nice restaurant for lunch. I say "nice" because the food was good and it was a very nice restaurant. Unfortunately, they did not cook with sanitized water, so I was sick yesterday. I had to leave school and slept all day and night. I feel much better today. We also went to a local market, which was very interesting.
The school is very nice and I have a wonderful teacher. Tomorrow we will have class for 2 hours and then we are going to walk around town while she converses in Spanish about the culture, etc. I met two women at the school, one from the States (a retired psychologist from CA) and the other from Australia. They asked me to join them tomorrow night for a farewell dinner for the US woman. The psycholgist decided, after retirement, that she was going to travel around South America until she was tired of it and to study some Spanish. The other woman thinks she may come to Cuenca to live until December. In the meantime she plans on traveling around Peru and the Galapagos. It´s obvious we all have the same spirit! I am posting some pictures I took last Sunday on the trip to see the ruins. Hope all of you are doing well. Love you....
2 comments:
Wow, looks absolutely gorgeous! I just found the blog or I would have written sooner! Great pictures. Sorry to hear you got sick from the food but that was a while ago so a little late on wishing you a speedy recovery! Kind of hard to tell on here as the dates are around the same time a year apart! Anyway, really enjoyed reading this! Much love to you!
Renee
Wow Grandma sounds like you are having fun! It is so good to hear you have some friends traveling like you with same spirits and all! I hope you are enjoying your time! I am looking for all those pictures :) I hope you have a wonderful July 4th! I love you!
April
Post a Comment